Google+ Secret Book Lover: Rave - Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Rave - Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost


PREMISE
Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges
Leila’s psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover Vlad has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she’s also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won’t admit that he loves her . . .
Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity 
Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity . . .

************************************
Okay, so awhile ago I reviewed Once Burned and I wasn't really feeling it. I had hoped that Twice Tempted would re-boot my undying love for all things Jeaniene Frost (and Vlad!)...and it did! Here's what happens:

After so long being told "This far and no further" Leila has finally had enough! She up and leaves Vlad because of his stubbornness and pride when it comes to his feelings. However, more mysterious foes from Vlad's past and deep betrayals cause havoc in Leila's life, forcing them back together for her protection yet again...... (Deja vu  anyone?)

As they get closer to finding out who is behind the attacks, Vlad and Leila both realize some things (mainly Vlad though. Our girl has got smarts!) and find there way back to each other. Just in time though. because the waters are about to be tested in ways that will leave even Vlad out of his depth...

*********************************

I loved this book. There, I said it. It was everything I wished it would be - more than I wished for - and completely made up for the angst Ms. Frost put us though in Once Burned. Leila is a strong, brave and smart character who can hold her own against our favourite anti-hero. Granted, she does some stupid things that make me cringe, but she does them because she's in love so it's okay.

Vlad does some stupid, rash things as well but that's okay because he's in love (even if he's being stubborn about it!). He's changed since we last saw him, and Leila's leaving really snapped him out of his own arrogance (okay, not that much but he's a little more tolerable). I feel like if they weren't perfect or ready for each other before, they are now.

Plot-wise, I think that it moved nice and fast. When Leila was apart from Vlad it didn't drag because she had a mystery to solve and assassination attempts to thwart. When she was with him there was a perfect balance between romance, tension and plot - not too much or too little of either. There were some unexpected twists (for me, at least) throughout the novel that made me happy, shocked, angry, sad, e.t.c and some BIG information was revealed at the end that makes me wish for the third book, like, yesterday.

Altogether, I think that it was perfect. I stared at the book for about an hour after I finished it and the only fault I could find was that it ended too soon. Go read it now! This book definitely deserves:

 Five hats!!! I was completely spell-bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment